Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby doing fine

I really had a need to blog today. I have been having an overload of thoughts in my head on all kinds of subjects, and they all need to get out! Seriously!

But since I'm on my way to Rosary as soon as my muffins are done and the Daddy is woken up, I will at least write an update.

Sunday night sort of scared us because I saw some blood. However, it appears it's somewhat external. But I didn't know that on Sunday. I think it's a vessel that's feeling too much pressure.

Because of the scare, I called my OB on Monday morning, and he said to go get another ultrasound. Despite my fears, I was delighted, because I really, really wanted to know if that was really a girl in there, and I still wasn't real sure. IT IS A GIRL! Woo hoo!!

They did everything, of course. I hate internal ultrasounds. I hate internal exams. I hate them, hate them, hate them. But the end result was some other good news: the baby is facing the correct direction. In fact, it appears she isn't even going to cause back labor. DH is right, girls agree with me more, boys like to torture me. Now, remember, I only have two of each, and one adoption, so I only have so much to go on. Some people notice a difference, some don't. Also, the placenta is fine, so that is excellent, too. I was wondering if I went off the progesterone too soon.

I did go to my regular OB after the ultrasound, and he was delighted to see the baby had turned. Hooray! I got a great ultrasound of her face, too. I can't wait to meet her. I wonder if she'll have tons of hair like Grace? Or mongolian spots? Each of them has had different shades of skin and hair, and I just can't wait to see. Healthy is a great goal, too, of course.

With just under seven weeks to go, I have some recurring thoughts. One is that I remember having a miscarriage four years ago. It was awful. Darned traumatic anniversaries. I always have to wonder, "why am I cranky and can't sleep?" and then I realize what month/week it is. My head has forgotten, but my subconscious definitely has not. February is worse. Thank goodness those are the only two.

I also am worried about labor. Lack of back labor is better, but I still may go for the epidural, just because I never have and think I've been through enough pain the last few times that maybe I've earned a break. Weird thinking, but well, my labors are long and hard, and I have NOT forgotten. And I just want to see for myself. First hospital birth for me, so this will be quite bloggable.

Breastfeeding. Did you know that it takes two weeks to get into the groove? Every darned time? I have horrible pain as I get going. But I know it will end. Still, it really is some awful pain, right when I'm most tired and cranky and emotional. At least I've done it before. I have had the weirdest sensation lately that I'm supposed to be breastfeeding someone. When the baby is born, it will have been 11 months since the last one stopped breastfeeding. Funny to think about. When my friends' babies cry, or one is inconsolable in the store, I feel a serious need to help that baby out. I don't remember that happening before. I must be getting more maternal.

That's enough updating for now. Off to pray for the world, and the world can't wait! Ha ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Epidurals are handy if they have to do something extra (like suction, for Gareth.) I've only had the one, so I can't give you a comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear all the good news! Especially about the position being good.

    I know what you mean about feeling like you should be breastfeeding someone. I'm just starting to get hints of that, but then, my body seems to really get into that whole "milk production" thing big-time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.