Thursday, December 31, 2009

Books

I LOVE books.

I know, you are surprised. Very surprised. I'm one of those people who say, "hey, I have a book for that" for practically every problem. I was trying to figure out what to write a book report on, but I'm not sure I can concentrate that long yet, esp. since I'm reading about five books at once again, because Christmas came. Silly Christmas. My mom and dad are no help. :)

My dad got me "Bless Me Father, For I Have Kids" by Susie Lloyd. He got me her first book, too. She has great Catholic mommy humor. Truly great. A way with words.

My husband got me the Pioneer Woman cookbook. It is her blog, only in a book. Tons of pictures, and delightfully simple, yummy, ranch food that is not diet food. GREAT book. She is sooooo funny. You've never seen a cookbook like this!

I'm working through the Story of the World series with Gabe. He begs me to read it every night. Happily, it is as objective as it can really get, being history and all. It's also very good as WORLD history and as a story book. It includes Chinese, African and any other history that is written anywhere. Not just wester civ. Exactly what I needed. Also, she wrote "The Well-Trained Mind" and other books, and that is very educational as well!

A new book to us, but one that comes highly recommended, is "Boundaries". I have a feeling it's a truly great one. Really. It covers relationships with EVERYONE, even your own self. And it covers spiritual warfare, too. It puts problems in perspective: only you can actually solve them, don't blame anyone else. Very correct.

The kids are teaching the two year old to play the wii, and it is going very well. I have to go for now, but I will try to link those paragraphs to amazon for you later.

Happy reading!!
blog comments powered by Disqus